Movement of air in and out of a home can be a leading cause of escalated energy bills. Air can enter your house through holes, cracks and crevices. You can stop unconditioned air from entering your home and indoor conditioned air from escaping outside by adding an advanced insulation system to achieve optimal building performance.
Spray foam insulation can be used in walls, ceilings, contoured surfaces and other parts of your home to protect it from air and moisture intrusion and strengthen building structure. It is the most versatile form of insulation available. Spray foam insulation combats heat loss and air infiltration better than other insulation products like fiberglass and cellulose. Available in spray cans, this type of insulation is composed of resin and certain chemicals, such as polyurethane.
When the spray foam insulation is sprayed, the chemicals and resin create a foam which coats the surface. The foam quickly expands and solidifies at the place where it is sprayed. It dries quickly, providing a relatively permanent insulation solution for your home. It is recommended that spray foam insulation should be done by an experienced and professional contractor, but nowadays, DIY kits are also available. If you are using a DIY kit, it is highly advisable that you follow proper safety measure.
Installing foam spray insulation offers a lot of benefits to the homeowners. Here are some of the important benefits that you can enjoy by investing in spray foam insulation:
– Maintains consistent temperature by reducing air and moisture infiltration.
– Reduces pollen infiltration.
– Saves energy cost by 30 to 50% per annum.
– Reduces airborne noise from external sources
– Keeps your home warm in winter, cool in summer and comfortable all year round.
– Increases resale value of your home
– Strengthens the structure of the building.
– Reduces ice damages.
– Has the best performance of all other insulation processes.
– High and stable R-value per inch.
– Makes home more comfortable.
– Reduces entry of airborne particles and fibers.
– It is insect and fire resistant.
– It is permanent.
– Reduces chances of mold formation.
– Reduces the requirement of HVAC equipment.
Spray foam insulation provides superior home performance. It offers superior and long-term benefits that are unmatched by traditional insulation types. Initial investment in this type of insulation will result in good monthly savings. It is advisable to call an expert to handle large scale insulation projects.