You have to choose the floor that will be installed in your new home. Everyone is excited to go through a situation like this, but the reality is that when we are immersed in it, we realize that it is much more complex than we imagined, and it is no longer so much fun. Learn how to choose the type of floor according to your home; we offer you several tips to make it easier for you.
Taking the time to choose the right flooring for your home is essential, do not forget that it is not changed every year. The floor has to be durable flooring, resistant, in a color that matches the home decoration; in short, there are several things you have to consider. Before choosing a floor for any space in your home, take into account these recommendations:
- It would be best if you chose the floor according to the traffic in the area of the house that you are going to place it. If you are going to put it in places like a kitchen, the hallway, or the bathroom, where there are always people, you must consider the resistance of the material. The majolica tiles, for example, are very resistant and, in addition, they are super easy to clean.
- Although proper treatment and maintenance floors usually last for many years, there are more durable flooring than others for high-traffic areas. A good option is laminate flooring, which is similar in texture and appearance to wood and costs much less. In addition, it is durable flooring, is easy to clean, and comes in a variety of shades.
- The floor should match the decoration of the room. There are colors for all tastes and styles; it all depends on what you want to achieve. There are cold tones that will give that same feeling to space and warm colors to make the environment cozier. There are sober colors and others that are the protagonists of the area. If you are one of those who like to make constant changes, choose a neutral tone that combines everything. Light floors are perfect for small spaces, as they will look brighter and more prominent, but they need to be cleaned more often.
It will be placed if it is an indoor floor; the exposure to humidity, soil, and the sun will be much less than an outdoor floor. In the latter case, you should seek advice to know which material is the most suitable according to the climatic conditions of the place where you live.
- In addition to the majolica tiles, parquet or wood floors are easy to clean because with a quick broom or vacuuming. In addition, they go well with almost all styles of decoration and remain in good condition for years. But it also has its cons, as it is one of the most expensive flooring materials on the market, and if you choose the floor with a gloss, you will have to polish it regularly.
- There are floors with very nice designs that give that special touch to the decoration and make the space unique. If you go for this option, you should choose a sober decoration. If the decoration is somewhat overloaded, the ideal is to opt for a neutral floor.
- Some floors are non-slip, ideal for children’s rooms. Others have a technology that gives them a freshly waxed effect and minimizes the impact of wear and tear. Ask the salesperson, so you know all the options.